Tuesday, July 20, 2010

God ALWAYS has a purpose...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6


God always has a purpose.

this is a sentence i know i have seen time and time again in my life before.
but sitting in church on sunday morning, it really hit me...
God ALWAYS has a purpose.


as i've gotten older, i have come to realize just how amazing his purpose is.
he always hears my prayers, but doesn't always answer them the way i think He will.

i know there have been so many times in my life i have been thankful that He didn't give me what i thought i needed at the moment, after seeing He had something greater planned for me down the road.


with that being said,
at this point (and i can't say for certain)...
but, i am pretty sure God is having "a bigger plan" in the works.

when we first entered levi at tabernacle,
we truly thought this was God's plan.
and when i started my mary kay business,
it seemed even more clear that He provided the way to pay for the tab for all of our children.

so, i was a bit confused when the talk of homeschool kept coming around.
because...
in my mind, His purpose had already shown to light.

in fact, i knew it had...
so, i didn't know why in my private thoughts, it would randomly pop into my head.
yet still in my uncertainty, i wore a disguise and would quickly bypass the "talk" of homeschool any time anyone brought it up.

and then one day on a hour long car ride...
i asked the question...
the one that was really in the back of my head for a couple years at least.

"can you tell me about this homeschool thing, orenda?"

i think i truly thought she would shed some light on the topic, and that it would finally reassure in my head
"the plan of tabernacle".

but, once again to my amazement.
the opposite of what i thought was going to happen happened.

every question and fear of what i had been hesitant about was answered without my even asking.
and by the end of the drive home,
i honestly think my mind was made up.

i came home, walked in the door...
looked into brian's eyes, and once again, told him my heart.
on the surface, i really thought he would laugh at the idea.
but i think i knew before a word was ever even spoken,
just what his desire was.

and within 10 minutes, we realized we were on the same page.
homeschool...
was a good choice for our family, our goals, and our life.


a part of me is excited, i can't deny that.
excited to see what God has in store with this opportunity.
and to see how this experience draws us closer as a family, and closer to Him.

yet, even as i write this the thought of it kinda makes my stomach hurt.
i am full of fear, not really knowing fully what to expect.
but, as of today...
the choice is made up. and our children will be homeschooled through "providence community school"
home 3 days a week, school 2 days a week.

and in the back of my head i know,
i have always drawn closer to God through my fears,
and as always, i rest assure in knowing...
He ALWAYS has a purpose!

No comments: