Saturday, July 31, 2010

and anytime, i don't know, what to do...

one thing after another...
that is how this month has gone.

it had seriously left me wondering each night...
"OK God, what are you throwing at me tomorrow???"

ups and downs,
twists and turns.
happy and sad,
laughs and tears
horrible and not so bads....

every moment filled.
that's all i can say.

and then in a split second i hit a wall running 100 miles an hour.
brought back to the simple and thankful with the unwavering voice of the sweetest 4 year old girl in all the world.

"i cast all my cares upon you,
i lay all of my burdens down at your feet.
and anytime i don't know what to do...
i will cast all my cares upon you."


you see...
i had carried every psalty cassette tape i ever had from my childhood,
into my adulthood,
straight on into my marriedhood,
and pulled the box out once i entered motherhood.

but, once i sold my old car that had both a cassette and cd player. i couldn't listen to them any longer with my children...
which really made me sad. but about a month ago, my amazing brian surprised me!
he brought home all of my precious childhood praise and worship cassettes in one hand and cds in the other.
he had them all burned onto cds for me!
(chuck that on the list of why i adore him so)


and yesterday,
when the wares and tares of the month seemed to be at their worst.
when i felt i was at my lowest, and everything was caving in around me.
i heard my beautiful alivia singing to one of her babies in her room.

and in a blink of an eye. i looked up,
whipped the tears from my eyes.

and casted all my cares upon Him.

thank you jesus for using something so innocent to remind me that you are still there...
walking steady right beside me,
even in my craziest of months. :)

No comments: