Tuesday, May 19, 2009

farewell old friend...

leave it to me to find sentimental value in a pair of old sweat pants...
i guess i'm just that kinda girl.

but i bid adieu to you my fine blue pants of comfort.

you have seen me though so much of this adult life...

purchased from old navy days after i made the move to florida.


you spent many a moments curled up with me and my tear filled eyes when i was sick for "home".
and rejoiced with me when i found my one true love, right there beside me during late night phone conversations.

you have countless nights driving over to his little hole, then snuggled up close to him in darkness watching movies.

you accompanied us on our honey moon and kept me warm when my husband kept the room too cold.

you were there... close by me on the bathroom floor as i puked my guts out each morning through three pregnancies. and i thank you for shielding me from the cold germ floor.

there with me in the hospital all three times holding and taking in the smell of newborn.

you were right there with your warmth when i lost the one god took away.

you helped (and were forever scared) that late night, painting levi's nursery. remaining ever so patient while we awaited the boy bundle even though you had been stretched beyond your natural limits.

you've been spit up on, snotted on and spilt on.
and yet you've remain faithful and true to your warm, loving touch.

i knew this day would eventually come...
i felt it getting closer with the last few washes....

but you will be missed!

good bye my most favorite sweat pants EVER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing!!!

How funny, but you never said how they died?

Can't you fix them with your sewing machine?

:)

laura laura faye

meg said...

haha... :)

Walking in the rain said...

hehe :) good post!
i'm with laura, what happened to them? i think you should make pillows out of them :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously???

What happened to them.
We all want to know!!!

laura laura faye

~shannon~ said...

it was just all the wear i suppose...

they were getting pretty bad.
all the elasticity was gone. i would wake up in the middle of the night and they would be down to my knees cause they were so loose.

finally all the elastic came right out of them.
they have a hole on the seam of the butt too.

they are a goner!