Friday, January 9, 2009

decisions...

becoming a parent has made me more of a thinker. i really do try and take the time needed to see how the things i do are going to directly affect the well being of my children before coming to any conclusions (like any parent, i'm sure). something i started practicing when levi was born, but even more so the last few months now that i see that the majority of circumstances that come up in my life are now able to be understood by my children, and that they learn through my actions.
my mind has been like a little seesaw the past couple months concerning my pediatrician. fethermans office is amazing. and as far as knowledge goes, he is voted the #1 office in sarasota. seriously, i have never meet anyone in the medical field around here who doesn't know who featherman is. he has been there through some rough times with my children and has seen me though a lot. despite how amazing he is as a person and as an individual doctor. i have been feeling, for a while now, that he is maybe getting to big for his practice. talking to other mothers i have been hearing story after story of similar situations just like my last experience with him and his staff. monday was my last straw. i learned that he has now changed practice policies. if you call, even to make a sick visit to his office and have to leave a message, they no longer have to call you back the same day. they have given themselves a 24 hour call back time.
so, i made the decision.....
it is now time to say "goodbye" to dr. fetherman. i was somewhat saddened when i called to make the consultation with dr. sutherland. but meeting her today has really opened my eyes. she seems so knowledgeable and kind hearted. one of the first things she said (not even knowing at that point who i was coming from), that she intends on being a somewhat small practice. she really feels it is her job to "know" you and your family. she wants to be sure when you call that she knows exactly who you and your children are and doesn't need to pull out your file to remember. i immediately felt a comfort with her that i can't even describe. i went in thinking it was only going to be a "meeting" .... that i wouldn't be making any rash decisions. but by the end i just felt such a peace that this is were my children now need to be. i signed the release form and my children are now officially patients of dr. sutherland. i made nataleys 6 month appointment, and ironically it is the same day and time that her appointment was scheduled over at fethermans. i will admit i do not like confrontation so i am a little nervous to call and cancel all up coming appointments my children have.... such is life i suppose.

a quick note of something i found sweet....
my parents watched my kids today during the consultation. and when i got home my dad was sitting with nataley in his arms on the recliner watching "beauty and the beast" with alivia. my mother was very much ready to go when i got back.... she had to get home to her dog! :P
anyway, my dad was really into the movie and wouldn't let them leave till it was over. he even made a comment at the end...
"thats good, he doesn't have to be a beast anymore". it made me smile.

No comments: