Saturday, January 10, 2009

grumbling...



every week, by the time saturday roles around i am broken-down, it's kinda sad really. i have tried to figure out exactly what it is that makes me feel this way and i do believe i have come up with an idea. most people working a "real" job get their days off. but being a full time mommy is just that, full time round the clock monday through sunday 24/7. take brian for example.... he works a lot, but at least he has his days off to look forward to and get him through his days. i have no break, and no hopes of a break for a long time. when i sit down and think about that fact, it is almost enough to depress me at times. yes, i have the days when brian is home... and he is a help, really, he is. but lets face it, i still have to be mommy and do everything for everyone even on those days. hmm.... it has just occurred to me, i have a birthday coming up. perhaps i should request a "me" day all to myself. maybe i'll get my hair done, get a nice massage somewhere, throw in a wax, perhaps even do some clothes shopping for myself. ah, yes i do believe that would be just the bit of anticipation i need!

1 comment:

Walking in the rain said...

i have those days too. usually on mondays. i think it's because i work the weekend, and by the time monday comes around, i feel even more sleep deprived and the realization that the week is just starting is sometimes too much for me to handle. it's funny, i actually look forward to going to work sometimes to have a "day off" from my mommy work :) kind of strange to view work as a "day off"! and i too feel that i need a "me" day! how about you hop on a little plane and come enjoy the snow and some shopping in columbus :) we can be shopping and pumping buddies :) love you!