Sunday, November 29, 2009

abundance of thankful...


“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
Psalm 107:1 (NIV)


if there is one thing i can say i have learned in a new way this year, it's that god is truly good.
i have seen his blessing flow both in my life and in the lives of people around me.

i have seen friends lean on him in time of weakness,
i have seen people rejoice in his faithfulness,
and i have worshiped in his unexpected blessings.

god is good, and i am so thankful to be covered in his love.


thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday (ok probably not as a child, but most definitely my whole adult life).
there is something amazing about the month of november to me. it's a full month to reflect and show thankfulness to each and ever blessing god has bestowed on my life. before we get to the month of material gifts, we get a whole month of simply being thankful.

it's the month of november where it always hits me hard, how sincerely thankful i am that god's plan worked out for my life and not the ideas i had in my head.
the month when i look at each one of my children, and know whole heartedly how blessed they have made me whether planned or unexpected.
the month i know i am blessed to call my friends "my friends".

november is a whole month of thankful, and i love it.

this year was a tad bit different then thanksgivings past...
brian and i had talked about how we have never enjoyed a thanksgiving at our own home, where we cooked.
always running from house to house... which is good, but we wanted to try one on our own.

and now that's it's done and over i can say...
although i always complain about going house to house to house, i really missed it, myself.
so, it's not a new tradition. but it was a thanksgiving full of memories.
and someday...
when the tables of time turn, and it's our house the kids come home to with their families...
we can handle it, and will do fine.

so much to be thankful for.





No comments: