Tuesday, June 23, 2009

fathers day...



i promised it...
and here it is.

a great fathers day idea!
brian actually had tears rolling down his cheeks...
which has happened all of 4 other times this whole brian and shannon life of ours.
once being his wedding day,
and the birth of all three children.

so, yea. it was a great idea!
thanks complete stranger blogger to which i stole the idea!



i took a deck of playing cards and turned them into fabulous keepsake with only
markers,
stickers,
a hole punch
and a few pictures of our family. oh yea, and a key ring!

like i said before we sat down and thought of 52 things we love about brian.
each card now holds one of those things.

here is s quick list of the things we thought of and who thought of them:

~ he thinks sharks are cool. (levi)
~ he's smart. (levi)
~ he gets us donuts. (alivia)
~ he works hard. (me)
~ he can dance. (alivia)
~ he kills bugs. (levi)
~ he is a good daddy. (group effort)
~ he is my friend. (levi)
~ he plays video games. (levi)
~ he takes me fishing with a net. (levi)
~ he knows about robots. (levi)
~ he gives good kisses (alivia)
~ he's VERY hairy. (levi, this one made me laugh)
~ our daddy is cool. (group effort)
~ he is my true love, best friend and soul mate. (obviously... me)
~ he takes us to the movies. (alivia)
~ he's a boy. (levi)
~ he loves jesus. (levi)
~ he opens our new toys. (alivia)
~ both our toe nails came off. (long story but, levi)
~ he's BIG. (levi)
~ he gets us yummy food. (group effort)
~ he loves us. (group effort)
~ he drives real fast. (levi)
~ i have his eyes. (alivia)
~ he's my daddy. (picture of nataley faye)
~ he is so, so, so nice. (levi)
~ he buys us toys. (alivia)
~ he makes money. (me)
~ he loves the letter L. (levi)
~ he takes us places. (group effort)
~ he swims like a mermaid. (alivia)
~ he is one handsome hubby. (me)
~ he always helps us. (levi)
~ he holds me. (alivia)
~ he sings (alivia)
~ he is my daddy. (alivai said this like a million times)
~ he loves "go bulls". (levi)
~ he knows about transformers. (levi)
~ he takes us to disney world. (alivia)
~ he can catch lizards, bugs, frogs and butterflies. (levi)
~ he makes us laugh (levi)
~ he is the best daddy in the whole wide world. (group effort)
~ he's not scared of pirates. (levi)
~ he is my daddy. (picture of alivia)
~ he gives us ice cream. (alivia)
~ he is my real life prince charming. (me)
~ he mows the grass. (levi)
~ he is sooo strong. (levi)
~ he is my daddy (picture of levi)
~ he has given me all this (a picture of our family... also the one that teared him up)

i really had fun all the way around with this little project.
the kids and i had fun of thinking of reasons we love daddy, and they were able to help make up the cards which was great.

on saturday we made him a strawberry cake from scratch. and seeing as how it was devoured in all of 1 hour by our family i guess it's safe to say i have come up with my first ever secret recipe... that i will take to my grave. ;)

i let the kids sit down and help come up with a little gift that says "thanks for being such a great daddy". and we ended up getting a basket filled with movie treats and a new movie for a family movie night.





i know i can't speak for brian, but i am sure even he would say...
he had a great daddy's day!



ps... levi got a surprise on sunday too. uncle kyle and aunt kathleen brought him an early birthday gift. levi is now the proud daddy to "bumble bee" our new pet turtle!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

take your secret recipe to the grave huh? I didn't realize I was talking to a ghost the other night!!
He He

laura laura faye

Walking in the rain said...

haha! laura cracks me up!
i love the cards idea! excellent!

~shannon~ said...

good one laura!

actually,
if you recall i told you what i used for the frosting!
not the actual cake recipe!

Anonymous said...

Yeah but wasn't the frosting the best part??????
I think I could figure out the rest, cause I'm smart ya know!

:)

laura laura faye

PS. I want to see Brian swim like a mermaid!