Wednesday, January 28, 2009

understanding...

truthfully this has been a fairly different week to say the least.
brian has been home. not because he is on vacation, but because he has come down with the same nasty bug i had last week.
what this means for me?
well, it means that my house is a little messier. my conversations have been cut a little shorter, and i have had one more child to care for. yes, i do believe i have almost lost my mind. don't get me wrong i love to have him home, just not when he is sick. most men don't handle sickness well, but brian tends to be down right grumpy.
i was somewhat relieved to see him off to work this morning, but all ambitions were shattered half an hour later when he walked through the door saying something about them not wanting him to be at work sick.

instead of being the complaining self that i usually tend to be i have decided to show compassion and understanding. because as i have learned kindness goes a long way even when it's the hardest thing to do.

on a bragging note....
i was so proud of my smart little girl today. whenever i pick the kids up from school, the first thing i say to them when we get into the car is "what did you learn about today?". levi has just started to really tell be about his days, down to how many times if any he had to go into timeout. :)
but, for the fist time ever alivia chimed in this after noon. when i asked she told me "ummm, iangles" and held her little hands up to show me a triangle.... it was really cute to me, and a first for her. they sure do get bigger and bigger each and every day, don't they?

No comments: