Monday, October 18, 2010

7 years of two becoming one...

a typical day in the life of shannon emrich is filled to the brim to say the least...
i pray, i lovingly mother. i homeshool. i do laundry. i cook. i pack lunches.
i clean up poop, puke, and goodness knows what else on a regular bases.
i shuffle kids around from one point to the next all while looking good as i am building a successful business.


so, one day...
as the stress was building up, and i thought i would lose my mind...
i started to view my life like a quilt. because i LOVE quilts.

every part of my life is like little piece of fabric,
some prettier then others.
but, when they all come together...
they make a beautiful cherished quilt.

and then...
i took this thought a little farther,
what holds it all together?
what makes it strong enough to last a life time?
what gives it it's priceless value?
and while YES, i know the answer is God...
i also know that God gave me brian.

brian is the thread that holds it all together for me.
he is my strength when i feel weak.
he fills in the gaps when i am stretched to my max.
he supports me, my thoughts and my dreams.
he kills the bugs, and disposes of the dead fish. :)

tightly knotted into every piece of me, holding me all together...
God knew exactly what i needed and prayed for...
he gave me my brian.

happy 7th anniversary babe ♥

No comments: