Thursday, September 3, 2009

shannon's memory explosion...

so, tonight sure didn't go as planned...
not that i had plans for tonight, but still...
i don't think that 3 different trips to walgreens was on my mind as an agenda when i woke up this morning.

however, as i have learned from having a family of five, you never know what each day is going to bring.

with this whole swine flu thing going around sarasota i thought it safe to go ahead and take the girls in. they keep saying your better safe then sorry and i have noticed black eyes on alivia and runny little noses for the past two days.
turns out nataley faye is cutting teeth bad, and my missy moo has bad allergies.

bad enough that i got a prescription for her while we wait for the allergy panel to come back.

alright...
the whole point of this blog shannon.

my mom was in the area tonight so she came over to keep an eye on the kids while i ran down to get the script filled
(stop one).

whilst i waited, i made my way over to visit my handsome hubby. and then headed back over to pick it up
(stop two)

only to be told that my insurance was "no longer valid"....
which made an immediate lightbulb go off in my head!
i never switched it over!
you see, i was the main policy holder from when i was working over at the gift shop, but upon my leaving they changed brian over to be the main.
and with that came a new member # and card.

i knew in an instant that i didn't have mine in my wallet because of calling to get information yesterday.

so...
i made my way over to the restaurant hoping to grab brians.

but...
i borrowed his the day i had to take alivia into the er when she fell through the glass table, and, typical me...
never returned it to my beloved.

so.......
all the way back home i went.
and for some reason i choose to pop in my old kenny chesney cd that i have not listened to in YEARS!

suddenly, i was driving to my boyfriends little shack in the sporty silver cavalier from leaving the old hallmark store (like the old, old one... you know, on clark and beneva, the one next to that junky publix... remember laura?), wondering if this would be the night he would propose!

which then got me thinking (with a huge smile on my face) that brian and i are working on TEN years of being "brain and shannon". TEN years. we have come so far, and stayed quite the same... if that makes any sense?

so yea. the hour it took me to get the card and drive down to the store, and wait for them to fill the script (because they never did when they saw that the insurance was no good)...
(stop three)

i sat and remembered so much that has gone on the last ten years of my life.
all to myself...
i had good smiles, a few laughs, and just a handful of tears.

while tonight didn't go as planned, and seemed rather inconvenient on the surface....
it actually ended up being a pretty great night.

funny how kenny can still do that for me! :)

No comments: