Friday, September 11, 2009

a grand day for grandparents...


OK, i know i say it over and over...
but here i go again!

I LOVE TCS!

seriously! it is the biggest blessing to my heart!
levi is learning so much! already putting letter sounds together to read words.
he's learning bible scripture, and coming home with loads of questions.
he's drawing pictures, playing, and making friends.
i can tell he is happy to really feel apart of something, as am i (making new friends myself).

and today was an extra special day...
today was grandparents day!
levi's face looked shocked when he saw nana, papa, mimi and grandpa sitting there in his chapel when he walked in.

he practiced his song all week, both at home and school.
and was very excited to preform with his class.

but then, when the moment came, our typical levi stood up there with a scowl look on his face almost to say
"this is lame, why am i even up here?" the entire two songs. mary lou, my mom and i practically had tears rolling down our cheeks because we were laughing so hard. it was just such a levi thing to do....
always full of his own expressions and filled with character to the brim.

after, they got to go meet his teacher and have lunch with him.
it was just such an awesome concept to me. so often i know my mother sits and wonders what levi's school is like and now they all have the exact idea as to what he is talking about.
so... in levi's exact words when i picked and asked him how his special day was....
"it rocked!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!
It also brings back memories for me! We always had a grandparents day celebration at my school. We performed songs, did crafts and ate lunch with our grandparents!
I am glad that they all got to be apart of that :)
Memories......
laura laura faye

meg said...

oh, i remember when my elementary school did grandparents day...awesome!!