Thursday, August 20, 2009

a little bit of rambling...

i'm not going to lie...
it was weird..


i know i am a married woman, mother to three and home owner...
but i still think of myself as a kid most days....
like i never really grew up but rather just "play house".

but then tonight sitting in the auditorium with a room filled with other parents my age (and sum actually younger) it kinda really hit me...

i am my mother!

making lists as the principal talked of things i would need to know.
referencing my handbook as he read out loud.
getting involved in social events
heck, i plan on signing up for the PTA for crying out loud.

as much as i see this as a monumental moment for my first born...
i kinda also think of it as a monumental moment for myself.

committing to be the "june cleaver" mom.
cheering at sporting events, chaperoning on field trips, planning and preparing for school events.

although today it is only K4 i couldn't help but think about the future and the future meetings i will have in that building.
praying that they do infact open the doors to a high school in 2015....
i can actually see myself sitting there for the next almost 20 years of my life as i watch and get involved in my children's school lives...

yep, tonight i go to bed feeling a little more "grown up"....
well, slightly anyway...

5 comments:

meg said...

i hear ya! some times i laugh at the lady driving in the lane next to me. you know, the one jamming to her music in the mini-van...then i remember, i'm right there w/ her!

erin said...

reality hits you big time in those kind of events for your children. it really hit me with michael and now i cant believe i went to michaela's kindergarten kickoff! sometimes i cant believe im a mother of 3 (maybe 4 in the futer!) PTA is a lot of fun! congrats!! the schomisch family wishes levi the best!!

Sashasimba123 said...

Hi, it's Brandon! I just found out about this site and It rocks! See you tomorrow for some ones big day!!

Sashasimba123 said...

See you tomorrow for Livi's BIG DAY! LOVE BRANDON O"MALLEY

Branon O'malley said...

Tell the kids that I said hi! Anyways, hows the swimming lessons?