Sunday, July 5, 2009

happy 4th...




for some reason this year the thought of freedom has hit me a little harder then years past.
proud to be part of the land of the free i guess.

so thankful for the lives spent protecting my rights, the rights to let me worship my god freely.


with that being said....
we spent the fourth pretty much the same way we have the last three years.

it is my dads birthday so we spent the whole afternoon with my large family swimming and splashing around.
dinner at mom and dads, and then cake.






levi discovered that he HATES fireworks. he has always been a little shaky around them, but this is the first year he understands that his fear is great, and he wants nothing to do with them. he spent the first 15 minutes at yoders parking lot screaming in daddy's car that he wanted to go home. it wasn't until nataley started freaking out in a terrified scream that i gave in and took those two home.

not brave alivia though. she stayed with her daddy and enjoyed every second of the holiday celebration. and felt the need to brag when they got home about how she wasn't scared and loves them.
(once again signs of my typical children... fearful levi, fearless alivia).

fun freedom day!

on a quick side note...
my brother kyle and his wife kathleen just announced that they are going to have a baby!
which makes me so very excited for them! once i get past the odd thought of kyle being a daddy! ;)
a new little cousin for the kids to play with...
and a baby fix without the responsibility for me! :)
congrats guys!
can't wait!

No comments: