Tuesday, June 2, 2009

boy charmer...



the blond haired blue eyed boy of mine won the key to my heart tonight....
ok, i fib...
he won the key to my heart when he gave us a "thumbs up" the very second the ultrasound tech told us "it's a boy".
but, tonight he won it in a new way.

you see,
anyone who knows me, even a little bit...
knows that i hate bugs, lizards, frogs...
critters of all kinds really.

i have a fear, a BIG fear!

so, tonight when i saw the hugest palmetto bug that i have ever seen (seriously, at least 3 inches long) crawl right past my feet on my living room floor it is no surprise that i screamed on the top of my lungs. the shriek of my mouth was quickly followed by the sound of 2 pairs of little feet running across the house to my side to see what was the matter. alivia, took on look at the bug and started to cry with terror in her eye.

but LEVI, my sweet little bundle of boy. looked at that huge bug....
told me to "watch it so it doesn't run away", ran and put on his green crock, came back and smashed the living day lights out of the creepy crawler. he looked back up at me and told me "it's OK mommy... i'm not scared anymore. i killed it for you".
he then asked me for a paper towel, picked up the gooey remains of the nasty thing and flushed it down the toilet for me.

yes,
someday he will make a fine husband,
a true charmer...
in the most boyish way possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!

You must tell this story to the woman he marries some day!

:)

laura laura faye