Friday, April 17, 2009

the older then me man...


my handsome hubby turned 33 today...

i chuckle to myself cause i don't know that i will ever really feel old...
brian is so much older then me...
so i like to think i will always appear as though i am young at his side. ;)


we surprised him today at work with a monster truck cookie cake and some presents...
it was are very own, spur of the moment, surprise party with candles and everything.

alyson and i put trick candles on the cake, and levi got very frustrated when they wouldn't go out.









on a side note,
today at the mall when we were picking up the cookie cake i learned a very valuable lesson.
you see, i was about to park my van in a nice close vacant spot...
but as i approached it i realized why such a wonderful spot was left open. the truck next to it parked half in his spot half in the spot that i was wanting.
without so much as a thought i mumbled under my breath "what a dummy". here is the following conversation that took place in our car....

levi: "mommy, did i just hear you say dummy?"

mommy: (awkwardly embarrassed): "yes, levi i did."

levi: "miss donna (which is his preschool teacher) says that dummy isn't a nice word to say, maybe you should say "awe man" instead".

mommy: "you're right levi, i probably shouldn't have said that. i'm sorry.

i then drove past the spot again hoping to rectify the situation and said...

"awe man, that man parked like a dummy"....
not even thinking how i just said it again!

yikes...
maybe i am in need of a mothering 101 class,
or possibly just a little break.

thank heavens disney is in "TWO more sleepings"!
by the way, brian already feels like he is on vacation, as you can see he stopped shaving yesterday. and (secretly) there is something kinda sexy about that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take offense to you calling your husband OLD!!!

:)

laura laura faye
(soon to be 33 year old like your husband)

~shannon~ said...

there i fixed it for you...

Val said...

Ouch (being reprimanded by your own kids), but LOLOL at your second try. So totally would have said the same thing. :D

Hope Disney was great, and the crowds small.

Lady Che said...

Well I didn't really know where to write this comment so I just randomly picked here:

I think your blog template is gorgeous and I love what your talking about. I haven't heard about a mother being happy about being a mother in so long. I'm happy for you! Do you think that you could possibly tell me how you set up this pretty blog?

~shannon~ said...

thanks for popping over lady che...

i am so not a technical person.
they layout of the blog is actually just a pre made one i found on cutestblogontheblock.com!

happy searchings!