Monday, April 6, 2009

a new day...

I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.

But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining.

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am.

And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand.
You never left my side,
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.


(From the Casting Crowns song, "Praise You in this Storm.")

i copied this from mckmamas blog.
but it just kinda seemed fitting to me today too.

my big hearted husband has been...well, big hearted all weekend long. he's known when to stay quiet, when to talk, when to take the kids, when to send them over to me. i will say it again. he has been amazing. i love him so much!

today,
he took us for an afternoon fishing experience. usually, he takes levi and livia and gives me a break so that i can spend some one on one time with nataley. but today we tagged along. and even though it started to poor mere moments after we got there, it was so nice to be surrounded by the people i love most in the world today.

new barbie fishing pole for alivia: $16.99

one small cup of night crawler worms: $2.95

filling up my gas tank (cause i always leave it on E so that brian can fill er up): $36.29

the freaked out expression on alivias face when she reeled up the tiniest fish,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * and * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
the sight of all five of us drenched, sprinting to our car in the down pooring rain:

PRICELESS



No comments: