Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"i'm sorry mommy"...


no exaggeration...
i think i heard that sentence come out of levis mouth 10 or more times yesterday.
in fact, so much so that i am nearly 100% sure the way it flows off of those skinny lips of his is will be embedded in my memory for my lifetime.

i don't know what it is...
but we are going through a spell. it's almost as if some light bulb has gone off in his head and he has gained the wisdom of a 10 year old. he has certainly learned the buttons to push with me. and it is exhausting me.

i have a bit of a sweet tooth these days....
and so naturally, i keep my a stash of chocolate eggs (the little ones are the perfect size to get my fix) high up on the counter. now, i don't mind if my kids have a taste of candy now and then, but it is by no means the free for all levi expects it to be. i saw him reaching those hands high up on the counter, stretched as long as he could make them yesterday in hopes of of returning with a fist full of chocolate eggs.

i immediately put a stop to it and told him... "NO"
to which he replied... "my dad told me i could"...
then i said... "well, dad isn't here, and i am the boss, i say NO"
he looked up at me and said... "your not my boss!" then he slapped me and ran away!

to say that i was infuriated would be an understatement.
i called brian and he made his way home to reprimand his son.
"i'm sorry mommy, i want to be a good boy" was what i got after a 15 minute talk he and his daddy had in his room.


later on in the afternoon i had decided to clean out the food pantry. powder had spilled off the top shelf about a week or so ago... everything was covered in a dusty coat of sugar and it had been driving me nuts. upon pulling everything off of the shelves i came across a enormous bag of starbursts (must have been from one of brians "SAMS" runs). that stupid bag caused utter havoc well into my evening last night. levi could not control himself. no matter where i moved it, or how high i put it up his little brain found a way to get to it. i pulled sticky chunks out of munkys mouth countless times. till finally, i pitched the whole darn thing and took it out to the trash....
each and every time levi was caught with it he would quickly jump up and say... "i'm sorry mommy"
time outs weren't working.
so finally, my last straw i spanked that hinny of his.
he tearfully looked up and me and told me in these words exactly...
"i will not cry, that's what you want me to do".

i'm telling you, i don't know what to do with this boy of mine!
i can only imagine what teenage hood is going to be like.

and if that wasn't enough to end this "wonderful" day. when i was helping the girls get undressed for their baths levi got into the diaper bag i had from the fair and smothered himself full of sunscreen....

"i'm sorry mommy, i love you".
( seeing as how it was waterproof, at least he was protected by those harmful UV rays last night in his sweet slumber). :)

thank you jesus for this boy you have given me...
who is teaching me unconditional love and patience if nothing else right now.



ps... i had to post my three little shamrocks for st. patties day!

1 comment:

Walking in the rain said...

i don't have anything witty to say, or even helpful, but know that I laughed at the story :) and yes i've gotten slapped by a chubby 2year old's hand before too :)