Wednesday, March 11, 2009

boy oh BOY...

in the whole 3 and 1/2 years of little levis life, we have never once doubted the fact that he is "all boy". balls, trains, trucks and cars have been his whole life. he is constantly reminded to pick up after himself (just like his daddy). and, he tends to be a little on the lazy side expecting everyone else to do "it" for him...
and now, for your amusement i give you a story of this little boys new found boyish entertainment...

last night after dinner levi proudly announced to me that he had to go poop. that in and of itself is quite boyish, but nothing new. he always proudly proclaims every time his bowls are in need of movement.
i quietly told him (just like every other time)... "levi, you do not need to tell me, just GO!" and off he went...
10 minuets passed while i was finishing up cleaning the kitchen from dinner when my boy came in and told me that i simply had to come and see something.
i had fully prepared myself for some sort of creature... a lizard, bug, possibly even a frog. i am called somewhere on a daily basis to come and rescue some sort of critter that has managed to find it's way into our home.
i grabbed the bug box and off i went....

little did i know what his sweet intentions were!
he pulled my hand with a big grin on his face as he rushed me into the bathroom to see how "giant" his poop was!
and if that wasn't enough to clearly gross me out... my son, looked up at me and told me with his hands shaking in a "no" sort of way while explaining to me in these words... "mommy, this poop is so giant... it's cool. we don't have to flush it, not yet."
i looked down at him as though he was crazy and said "we most certainly do!"
and then.....
he told me "well, then we have to take a picture of it. i need to show my dad!"

i don't know what made me do it but i gave into my 3 year olds request.
and to show you how i know this is a boyish thing to do.....
his dad was happy to see the picture!
ONLY IN A BOYS WORLD!

never fear, i will shield your eyes from the "giant poop"!

4 comments:

Walking in the rain said...

boys! what are we going to do with them?! :) def save the pic for a future "show the future wife" meeting :) haha! great story!

Anonymous said...

We had to take a picture of poop before too!!

Boys will be boys.
Becky

meg said...

haha!
we count "how many poops are in the toilet" every day!

ahh...the joys of boys! :)

Anonymous said...

Very Very FUNNY!

Can't wait to fnd me a boy :)

Laura Laura Faye