Wednesday, February 18, 2009

on this my special day...

well, this new year of life for me is off to a fabulous start.
if you ignore the fact that i have caught this horrible head cold that is going around. i'm all snotty and feverish!
but still loved so that's all that counts!

brian had to work all day yesterday and as i'm sure most of us mothers would agree your birthday is just another day with the exception of cake! my mom came over on monday night and brian took me out to a nice romantic dinner just the two of us. it's always nice to spend one on one time with him. and we hardly talked about our kids the whole night. it was the rule brian set when we got into the car. a real life date just like the good old days! :)
we spent the night playing our new Wii. i have been dying to have one. we always have so much fun playing it over at mimi and grandpas house and that was my birthday wish. brian is a HUGE video game fan, and i am a little slow when it comes the the controllers so i never play it. the Wii is a good way to be able to get myself involved in something brian loves with him, with the added bonus that they make games that the kids can play and enjoy too. i must admit i am a little sore which just goes to show that although i may be skinny, i am very out of shape.

alyson met me and the kids up at a park yesterday afternoon and surprised me with cupcakes. it was sweet and kinda and i do appreciate the acknowledgement.
my children are both very specific when it comes to birthday cakes. they have both already planned their own birthday cakes as well as what brian and i are "supposed" to get. i was lucky enough to have a bubble cake brought home to me yesterday afternoon on brian's lunch break. but i have yet to have a piece of it. :(


i ended this special day with my family... they took me out to lovely dinner.
i need to say this though.....
i am always late everywhere i go! except when i am going somewhere with my family. then i am always the first to arrive. i guess that just goes to show you where my sluggish ways came from. however, yesterday i set the all time slow record when i was the last to arrive at the restaurant. alivia has become INSISTENT on buckling her own seatbelt which adds another 10 minuets to anywhere i go now! i'm doomed to be tardy for the rest of my life i suppose.
all in all i tried to ignore the fact that my head felt like it was going to explode all day and took the day to reflect on the love god has placed in my life and how blessed i really am. thankful for another year, and praying for an even better one to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud after I made the picture of Brian bigger and saw that he is sticking out his toungue! How funny :)

I was going to complain if I didn't see any pictures of the WII in play.

Happy Birthday friend!!!

Laura laura Faye

Anonymous said...

the wii is soo addicting! the boxing will work you out! (little michael always kicks my butt) the hubby and i love playing tennis together, the kids love watching : ) have fun!!!

-erin s.