Wednesday, January 21, 2009

shannon... and the day of WHY?


before i even opened my eyes i had horrible pressure in my head....
i got a head cold today, why?

i walked over to wake the kids up for school and saw that both had runny noses...
they were sick and couldn't go to school today, why?

i went to go grab a coke out of the fridge...
i didn't go to the grocery store, why?

in the afternoon i ran to the bathroom, and came back out to small trail leading to my children and a heap of parmesan cheese on my family room carpet...
i forgot to close the kitchen gate, why?

literally, there was nothing to make dinner, nothing....
once again i didn't go the the grocery store, why?

alivia had to go potty, after five minuets i went in to check on her and found her and the floor covered in liquid shampoo...
i didn't go in right behind her from the very beginning, why?

alyson was nice enough to bring our sick home dinner from the restaurant at 6:30, i was most looking forward to my coke...
within two second of it entering my home, levi knocked it off the table, i didn't get even one sip, why?

brian threw in a slice of chocolate cake, and i didn't grab it right and it slipped and fell on the floor...
i didn't look before i stepped back to clean it up and stepped in it, why?



sadly, i don't have a lot of these answers, but i do know this...
although i felt horrible all day, i survived it.
although the kids were sick, they were both still themselves all day, and made me smile or laugh a few times too.
they were both right there during the 45 minuets it took me to clean up the cheese mess, and helped me do it without me asking for it.
brian, chelsea, and alyson were all willing to help me about my dinner situation, they must all love me!
although there was a shampoo mess, both my child and my bathroom floor got a good cleaning, and both smell really good.
brian brought me another slice of chocolate cake, he didn't even know i dropped it and didn't get any, he thought the kids would have eaten it all.

and.... alyson brought me another coke!

No comments: