Monday, January 19, 2009

reaching goals...




OK...
before i get into this, i want to take you back through my memory about a month ago. i was at yoder's working pies, and i had a question only my husband could answer... well, i bet i could have found someone else, but i like to torment my husband when i'm on duty. low and behold he was no where to be found, not only to me but no one else could find him either. after roughly a hour of searching high and low and calling his cell phone with no answere in between boxing pies he appeared almost out of thin air. when i asked him where he had run off to, he quickly answered to his "special hiding spot". i put myself on a mission, a mission to find where on earth this secret place could be. the next day, alyson needed a ride to work. i had already been at yoder's and my mother had taken my kids home with my van, so i took brian's car to go pick her up. the second i got in i noticed a yummy smell, and looked over behind his seat to see what it was. there i found a half eaten pecan pie and a whole pumpkin pie almost completely eaten from the middle out. i knew in an instant that his car was his "secret spot".... and that he was never alone during his special moments but had the company of entire pies!
when confronting him on the matter, he briskly shrugged his shoulders and told me that he was trying to put on weight for the biggest loser....yoder's addition. and beef himself up he surely did. my husband currently fits only three pairs of work pants, which means i do even more laundry now!
so, this brings us to yesterday. the first official weigh in....
i smiled to myself after the meeting when i noticed everyone huddled in supportive little groups planning out their plans of attack, while my husband ran over to his children asking "who wants ice cream?"!
anyway, it's going on now. and i'm here to be as supportive as i can possibly be to him. lucky for me i got my fathers metabolism, so weight has never been too much of an issue for me, and because of it i don't usually watch what i eat. however, i do believe that this is the perfect opportunity to finish the process of "going green" in our home. i have been adding more and more organic foods to our house hold for months now. and i'm planning on going nearly 100%... i will never be able to give up restaurant food, i just love it too much.
so heres to the EMRICH GOALS, may we achieve them.... and maybe win some money through the process!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha
Pies and special places!
:)

meg said...

yay! going green! :)
we're an organic family! :) (well, minus the restaurant trips!)