Monday, December 1, 2008

christmas begun...


this weekend certainly did not go as i had hoped, thats for sure!
our semi original plan was taking an emrich family road trip (in laws and all) .... just up to orlando to see the ice slides and igloos. but it was a well needed, well deserved, much looking forward to road trip for all of us none the less. on friday i had noticed nataley getting a little sicker and by friday evening i knew that our fun sunday plan was not going to be happening for us. much to my sadness i had to call up my sister-in-law kim and tell her that we wouldn't be joining everyone. in a weird sorta good way, she told me that my niece maddy was sick as well, and we decided to can the whole thing for this weekend and shoot for next. so at least it's still going to happen (fingers crossed).
anyway, friday night was definitely a rough one. i had nataley, who was having a hard time breathing, and then alivia started to complain that here ear hurt. in my head i though thank god our drs office is open on saturday mornings, and decided that i would take all three of my kiddos in just to make sure everyone one was on the path leading towards recovery. well, (and now comes the part that angers me greatly) when i called first thing on saturday morning i was directed right to voice mail to make an appointment, which should have been my first warning sign cause that never happens. i left my information at 8am and waited.... and waited.....called again......and waited some more until finally at 10:55 i got a call back. i told the receptionists i needed to get all three of my kids in for a sick visit when i was rudely cut off (maybe it wasn't so rude but it felt it!) "we don't have any openings left today". i was shocked!!!! what the heck was i supposed to to? i told her that my daughter definitely needed to be seen today that she had an ear infection.... and she told me to take her into a walk in clinic!!! it seriously sounded as though i couldn't be squeezed in for a hair appointment or something, my kids were sick and they wouldn't see them!!!! i don't know about everyone else but i feel if you call during hours of operation you should be seen... heck! bill my insurance an after hour fee or something... or even if it's out of my pocket, i don't care! as i'm sure your gathering, i am still pretty upset about this whole situation. it just doesn't seem right to me.
well, i took alivia into the walk in clinic and sure enough she did have an ear infection. she's doing a lot better now, but nataley on the other hand only got worse. i finally decided to nebulizer her last night (levi had to have it once and i still had some left). last night was horrible. the only thing that really calmed her was putting her in the vibrating chair in the bathroom and letting the shower run... i bet our water bill is going to be huge next month :)
so, i spent last night sleeping next to my youngest baby on the bathroom floor, i was afraid she might stop breathing on me. i did get her in this morning and she does have a double ear infection, and did in fact need the nebulizer (which makes me all the more mad that they didn't see her on saturday). but, we are finally and once again on the road to recovery. so, once again i cross my fingers and pray that this is the end road of sicknesses in the emrich home, for at least a few months anyway.



unfortunately, brian rarely isn't working so we do have to use the time he is home during the holidays wisely. which kinda forced us out of the house on sunday to visit santa and get our tree. neither were very exciting experiences because nataley wasn't feeling well. i'm sad cause she really wasn't doing good towards the evening when we were getting the tree so i don't have very many pictures. we pretty much went right in and found the first one the size we were looking for and called it our own, at least i have a few pictures, right?
and both the kids walked right up to santa and told them exactly what they want for christmas....
levi "a BIGGG monster cowboy truck" and alivia "a bebe". hmmm, i guess we will have to see if they are good boys and girls. :)
i decorated the tree last night after the kids were in bed, and today when i got home from taking nat to the drs levi ran up to me and told me that santa had come to our house last night and put stuff on our tree. it made me smile. i can always count on those little faces to brighten up my attitude when i'm feeling not so happy. :)




1 comment:

meg said...

okay. i have lots to say! :)
first...it's weird to see the christmas tree hunt in short sleeves! something's wrong w/ that! :)
second...your poor sick babies!
third...what?!?! i would have just arrived at the doctors' office and said i'm not leaving until nataley was seen! grr...that makes me so angry! (good thing that's never happened to me...i can't imagine!!)