Monday, November 24, 2008

want some pumpkin pie?



this day did not go like i had planned at all!!!
i have a secret about myself that i will share... i complain every year about doing thanksgiving pies at the restaurant, but deep, deep... very deep inside i secretly love it! the smell, the rush, the business of it all, the work a 12 hour day three days in a row and when you get home you instantly fall asleep of exhaustion best sleep of your life kinda love! so, last night while i was trying to get as much sleep as i could for big day #1, it kinda upset me when levi and alivia woke up hacking with fevers AGAIN!! it put a damper on my day. but, like any good mommy would do, i gave up my secret wish and spent the morning and afternoon talking care of my sick children. sadly, i must admit my heart was somewhere else though! every waking minute in my head i was hoping something would change, like they would all of a sudden be well, and i could go on with my day as scheduled. thankfully, by 4 the fevers stared coming down and they began playing on the floor. so i didn't feel too bad to call my mother and beg her to come over to my house and watch my children (don't worry, i asked levi if he was OK if mommy went to work, and he gave me a big smile and said "yea... tell nana to bring my moca")
so, at 5:30 my 2008 thanksgiving pie season began!

unlike years in the past however, i don't have any great funny stories to tell. all went rather smoothly. although, im sure had someone been in that cooler with alyson and me watching us count pumpkin pies they would have been on the floor laughing with us. why my dear husband intrusted us with such an important task is beyond me. there we were, freezing.... trying to multiply crates of 4 pies each by columns of 8 being 7 and 8 columns deep! to give you a better understanding of how high the numbers got, let me just tell you that there were 13,333 good pumpkin pies!
anyway, fun night as usual filled with more memories to share in feature thanksgivings! :)
and for the record... my children seem to be well again, so it must have been a 12 hour bug thank heavens! ;)

2 comments:

meg said...

wouldn't mrs. gabler just die w/ those math skills! haha!

Walking in the rain said...

mmmmm, i want one. brian won't mind if you end up with 13,332 pies will he? hehe :)