Wednesday, November 12, 2008

somewhat crafty....



alright, so i have found myself to be quite crafty these days.  i guess i have always been somewhat of a crafter, but now that i'm staying home with the kids full time i have found the need to have an outlet that is all my own.  thanks to my dear friend laura i have begun a passion of sewing... i have BIG dreams for this new found hobby.  watch out world, here comes seamstress shannon! :)  the only problem is... i have NO idea what i'm doing! i just play it by ear and hope my creations come together....... unfortunately, my poor girls are doomed to be my walking canvases.  no but seriously, i hoping to take some sewing classes and after i do i plan on making about 75% of the clothes my girls wear (don't worry, i know better then to try and make levi wear mommys handmade things).  i  just figure, why pay top dollar when i can make it myself?


the dress you see in the picture isn't done yet, because i am super confused at putting the pipping on it and i need to ask someone who knows tomorrow, call it your sneak peak if you will.  i am trying to get it done for the yoder's christmas party on sunday. i just need to state too that my kids were so good and helpful today while mommy was trying to figure out her first pattern. and i was thankful for their patience, some days they seriously amaze me!
mr. snowman up there was yesterdays latest creation.  i took a spin off of the diaper cake idea and made a towel cake snowman, with kitchen accessories as limbs!  needless to say if you are among the few near and dear to my heart, you know what you will be receiving this holiday season... hehe 

2 comments:

meg said...

okay...first of all...super cute!
second...what happened to the gift shop idea?
third...i might copy your snowman...great idea.

Walking in the rain said...

I NEVER thought i would hear you say, and i quote, "i just figure, why pay top dollar when i can make it myself?" you go girl! Amish is in your blood after all ;)