Tuesday, November 18, 2008

differences

i just got home (after talking for 45 minutes to another mother) from taking the kids to school. and driving home i was thinking about just how different each child of mine is.

Now remember, the kids missed two weeks of school and going back today reminded me somewhat of their first day a few months back. my little independent alivia walked right in and gave her teacher a big ole hug like she had really missed being there, without so much as a kiss goodbye for me. where as levi appeared brave as we walked into the front doors but as we approached the hallway leading to his class room started walking a little bit slower and his eyes started to water. by the time we made it to the door he was fully crying, grabbing onto my leg begging me in his whiney little levi voice "mommy, please stay today with me!". that is so my children too....
levi is filled with energy and likes to appear strong but is a pretty shy, needy little boy. alivia, seems as though she came out with her strong will, and independent "i can do it myself" demeanor from birth. but as i learned i love my children for those very characteristics.

No comments: