Sunday, November 16, 2008

christmas party

yep, thats right... yoder's always does the christmas party in november.  that way they aren't taking up busy time during the month of december.  so now its quarter till 5 and my children are sleeping, a busy afternoon will do that to you.  i'm assuming that because they're snoozing away now, it's going to be a late night in the emrich household!  
the party has been at the same park for the last few years, and going to it this year it occurred to me just how much my kids have changed over this past year!
all the toy equipment that they needed my help with last year they were doing on their own.  alivia mostly because she already has a determined little mind that won't allow her big brother to do anything she cannot do herself.  it is such a joy to my heart to go to a public place and my children behave... cause as i'm sure as most toddler mothers can say, it isn't always the case.  levi never missed a please or a thank you, covered his mouth when he coughed, and waited till brian and i were done doing what we were doing to ask for something he wanted (this is a big one in our house, i can't stand when children interrupt and demand something when the parent is busy with another adult).  alivia, needed a little reminder help in that area but never once threw a tantrum.  both of them intermingled with the employees all on their own, and that is such a blessing to my heart.  at only 3 and 2 i can see that my children have a heart for people just like their daddy, which in my mind is the greatest characteristic they could have gotten from him.  
nataley too was a little ray of sunshine.  she has managed to come down with the goopy eye herself.... just looking at her today i could tell how miserable she was, but never once did she let it get her down.  she smiled and cooed right through those half open eyes, and showed everyone around her what a joy she is.  that is what nataley is to me.  this little unplanned gift.... but what a joyous gift she is.  she is by far the happiest little child i have ever seen.  very sociable, bubbly, and  my heart adores her.
a thought that crosses my mind still very frequently, but practically everyday during thanksgiving.  what a wonderful life god has given to me.  i always seem to choke myself up when it gets right down to it,  to imagine where i would be had god given me my hearts desire at the time and let me stay in ohio.  to live a life without all that i have now, i don't think would have been a life worth living...... i see a piece when god sees the big picture... how amazing! what could be more reassuring then that?









No comments: